Wednesday 13 July 2011

Hi and Welcome!

Write about what you know, they say. Hmm. Parenting? There's probably enough out there already and I don't think I could make my domestic mayhem seem amusing. Besides, my pre-teen son would probably disown me... 'Bloody hell, Mum', accompanied by a heavy sigh...no perhaps not. Cookery? No, spare me from this foodie faddery and it's bad enough having to do it without writing about it as well. Writing? As an aspiring author, I considered this, regaling all with my hits, misses and oh-so-nearlies. I've spent about a year writing, writing and more writing short stories (and some poetry when the mood takes me) and had a grand total of one published in a magazine (Prima, May 2011 edition if you're interested) and have been shortlisted for two competitions: Writers & Artist Yearbook 2011 and The Yellow Room Magazine Spring 2011. So I guess I'm on the right track somewhere along the line, but not an awful lot to write about.
So it struck me I could always write about what I've read, rather than what I've written. And as I'm a newbie blogger and all round nice person (mostly!) it's mainly gonna be good stuff, or stuff I've enjoyed. Hence the title Books I loved!

See you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment